Create a memorable party for the bride with these themed shower ideas.
The Kitchen Shower
Perfect for the bride who loves to cook (or the one who needs a little bit of help getting started).
- Have the bridesmaids dress up in aprons and cooking gloves.
- Have a set of gloves and apron ready for the bride when she enters.
- Have guests fill out recipe cards before the bride arrives and place them in a recipe box.
- Make recipe cards for the food being served for guests to take home.
- Bake together and mix sweet cocktails.
- Decorate “picnic” style with checkered table cloths.
- See where the bride is registered and purchase kitchen gadgets, accessories and appliances.
- Get the bridesmaids to pull together to buy one of the big ticket items like a fridge or dishwasher.
- See our Registry Checklist: Kitchen for gift ideas.
The Teacup Shower
Perfect for the bride who appreciates the little things and really enjoys her cup of tea.
- Have fresh teas and coffees ready to be served with dainty finger foods and sweets.
- Have the shower during “tea time” – a short mid-afternoon party.
- Plan a tea shower at home or in a backyard – if you have a bigger budget, book out a hotel or tea room.
- Use pastels and ornate kettles and cups for a mix-and-match vintage décor.
- Ask party goers to bring a special tea-cup and saucer so the bride and groom have a unique tea set.
- Common gifts for a teacup shower are fancy kettles, dinnerware and place settings.
The Lingerie Shower
Get the bride prepped for her honeymoon with lovely lingerie.
- The venue should be a private, separate room in a restaurant or at home.
- Lush and romantic décor – lace and roses.
- Serve sexy foods like chocolate and fruits.
- Purchase gifts related to lingerie, not just lingerie itself.
- For guests who feel uncomfortable purchasing lingerie, look for gifts like bed sheets, pillows, champagne, or a wine serving set.
(c) Copyright 2009, The Ring Bearer Ltd., All Rights Reserved. No material within the web pages of theringbearer.ca may be duplicated in any way without express written consent by authorized management of The Ring Bearer Ltd.