Did you know a man shaves more than 20,000 times in his lifetime? From the nicks and swollen faces you see each morning, some of us need a lesson in shaving.
TheRingBearer.ca’s step-by-step guide for your daily routine will start you in the right direction; your only worry after is that your woman won’t be able to keep her hands off your soft cheeks!!!!
1. Soften To Start – Warm yourself up with a hot shower or a hot towel like the barber does. The reason: warm water and humidity open pores and make your hair softer and easier to cut.
2. Exfoliate – It is not your hair that is dulling your razor, it is your dead skin. Scrub with a daily exfoiliator to slough off dead skin cells and debris. For thicker beads apply pre-shave oil after exfoliating.
3. Lather Up - Lathering up, is the key to a great shave. Lush Canada has some fabulous shaving creams that are 100% natural and will help soften any bristles allowing for a closer shave. Avoid gels that contain pore-sealing agents like menthol.
4. Brush On Your Lather – It is best to use a pure Badger hair brush to apply your shaving cream or cream. The brush will raise your hair better than your hands, lining it up for your razor. The Badger hair brush softens the hair by creating warmth and opening the pores for a better shave. Apply the gel with a wet brush to your face and neck using a circular motion for at least one minute. This brings sufficient water to your skin. The longer you let the cream stay on, the softer your hair will be when you cut it.
5. Razors Are Not All Equal –The razor should be perfectly balanced and feel like a natural extension of your hand. When shaving the blade should glide gently over the skin. Too much pressure creates ingrown hairs and irritates the skin. Multi blades are designed to cut below the surface, but this actually can cause ingrown hairs. We suggest you stick with a traditional double blade-edge safety razor. Change your blades after every three to five uses.
6. Cut It Twice – Shave with the grain, starting with the easier parts like your cheeks. This lets the cream spend more time softening the course areas like your neck. For an extra-close shave, lather up again and shave against the grain for round two.
7. Rinse Well – After the shave rinse with cool water to close your pores. Moisturize with a soothing shaving balm; moisturizing is important as you have just removed a layer of your skin. An after shave balm will tighten your pores, sooth and regenerate the skin after shaving.
(c) Copyright 2009, The Ring Bearer Ltd., All Rights Reserved. No material within the web pages of theringbearer.ca may be duplicated in any way without express written consent by authorized management of The Ring Bearer Ltd.