Propose on my wedding?

The Ring Bearer - Wedding Couples looking for Wedding advice from real brides and grooms Forum Index -> Bridal Party
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Allow him to propose?
Yes
 33%  [ 8 ]
No
 66%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 24

cantBelieveItookThePlunge

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject: Propose on my wedding?

My friend asked permission from me to propose on my wedding day reception...i havent given him an answer...actually i did. I told him to asked my fiance.

What do you think? let him or dont?
asimopoulos

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject:

I think it would really depend on how you and your fiance would feel having something like that happen on your wedding day.
On one hand you and your fiance want to have it be YOUR day, As would i!
On the other.. You and your fiance are in love and are expressing your love to the world on that day, Having your friend propose on your wedding is like spreading the love - not to sound cheesy
No matter what answer you two give your friend, I think you should thank them for asking first.
I know i wouldn't be too happy if it was suddenly sprung on my day without me knowing.

Best of Luck!
TotalPhoto.ca

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Great advice asimopoulos!

I would allow it, only after the first dance and all the Bride & Groom events are taken care of and the actual party has started.
cantBelieveItookThePlunge

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject: Thee weekend

finally away from the office! i can check this site out completely! without worrying about who is watching over my shoulder. Thanks everyone for the help. i like the concept of "having my cake and eating it too" that asimopolous and totalphoto gave. i can look like a good friend and still get some in my honeymoon
mrsNicholls2be

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

My brother's old boss proposed at his wedding and kinda sucked but he wasn't a family member so he wasn't stealing the show cause no one really knew them! I wouldn't allow it at my wedding!

good luck on the big day
CindyandBrian

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

i wouldn't do it, you're essentially stealing someones special moment.
Diana

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't do it for 2 reason's

If it's just a friend more then likely they don't know many of the people at the wedding and it would be a little uncomfortable. I would think they would want to do it a a function thats has family and friends.

and two - what if it doesn't work out then I would have to hear it all the time.

I think having your own party or get together is the way to go this way the well wishers would be people that actually mean it.
mmv

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Diana. If it doesn't work out it is something you would always remember on your wedding day. Another perspective is that it takes away from the proposal for the girl being proposed to. I mean this is her special memory and she too has to share it at a wedding venue with a bride, as opposed to it being just about her.
mz ross

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2021 12:48 am    Post subject:

you shouldn't do it. that is a horrible tacky thing to do...in my opinion atleast
icandibytracey

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2021 7:17 am    Post subject:

i would tell him not to do it...for one reason i wouldn't have wanted MY fiance to propose at someone elses wedding i would've died with embaressment...and so might she...i wanted it to be special for our reasons not for anyone elses... and two its not fair to you or your bride...you may not think its a big deal but its your day let them have their day on their own time...you don't want everyone to remember your wedding day as THEIR proposal!!

he needs to think of something more original...there's lot of people here i'm sure can help him out with that...lol...tell him to visit and ask for some ideas!!

just my opinion...good luck!!
       The Ring Bearer - Wedding Couples looking for Wedding advice from real brides and grooms Forum Index -> Bridal Party All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: