Trash The Dress, Finally!

The Ring Bearer - Wedding Couples looking for Wedding advice from real brides and grooms Forum Index -> After the Wedding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TotalPhoto.ca

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject: Trash The Dress, Finally!

Well, with the warm weather here, we are starting to get some Brides to hop in the water/mud/lake, or whatever.
This was a shoot done in Ottawa this past weekend. Great weather, and a more than willing brides-maid...
For those of you that have not heard of it or seen it, I hope this might help. It is so much fun

Have a peak.

http://totalphoto.zoomphoto.ca/event/10432/
cantBelieveItookThePlunge

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject: @ AWE

Grafitti...Waterfalls...my absolute favourite!
My fiance is sentimental...i dont think she'd want to do that to her dress but WOW!

So how do you select the location? Do you scout it out? or do we have to select a place? and by we i mean your clients.

I'm actually also curious about your camera, must be waterproof...is it a nikon?
TotalPhoto.ca

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2021 11:53 pm    Post subject:

My camera (is waterproof) for rain, but NOT interested in having it at the bottom of a pond any time soon! It is a 1Ds Mark2 By Canon, 17 mp.
Location is totally up to the couple, you might have a special spot in mine or you might ask for ideas. That shoot was done all within 100 yards at a park. Sweet Spot.
I am always adding spots, and looking for new locations, we went to a junk-yard just before that shoot also...

http://totalphoto.zoomphoto.ca/event/10431/

It would be a cool spot too, but again, totally up to the client. I just like to be prepared with several options. I would have liked to spend more time at the Junk-yard, but Lindsay had only a few hours.

Sentimental eh, well, tell her that on wedding day, she will be looking so stunning, so beautiful, and in the prime of her life, and the happiest she has ever been, you would like her to put her dress, FOR YOU, a few weeks after and produce some once-in-a-lifetime photos, art, of her in her dress that YOU will have forever!

How was that?

I have heard Brides say that they are Trashing The Dress because they have found their true love and have the man they want, and no longer need the dress.

I have also met alot of people that just do not get it, and that is OK too. If you do not get it, it is just not for you, and I totally understand that side as well.

Some of the images, from some photographers are just stunning! I just hope to make some of those myself.

OH YA
Trash The Dress Slogan...
It is about creation, not destruction!
mmv

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject:

I went on your site and checked out the pictures. My favourite's are WC3N0V784, WC3N1024 and DSC_2835. I would prefer to have seen someone in a wedding dress as I had seen the underwater shots on the video earlier this year so I would of liked a scene like that. I am sure Ottawa is too cold for that right now though. Overall - very nice!
TotalPhoto.ca

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2021 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Thank-you, it really is a lot of fun. I have a bride, w/dress maybe next Friday, if all goes well, weather has been strange here in Ottawa. Wh

WHO GETS THE WORST OF THIS DEAL????
[/img]
cantBelieveItookThePlunge

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject: tried suggested comments...

I tried this comment

"I have heard Brides say that they are Trashing The Dress because they have found their true love and have the man they want, and no longer need the dress."

I said that to her and she said "actually im thinking about that for my next wedding..."

Then we laughed, and then there was an awkward silence... just kidding. She loves the idea, maybe even buy a fake dress in Value Village or something. One of these days!
The photographer we're using is her friend, don't want to offend. We're in Toronto and I noticed your listing says stittsville though.

Your pictures are definitely up there amongst others ive seen! and trust me it was alot!. before my gf's friend came along, we were in all the bridal shows looking at all those portfolios.

But this must be alot of pressure for a photographer, pressure taking one of a kind photographs. Is it easier than i think it is? I know you have to go in the water/mud too!
TotalPhoto.ca

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Well,its worth a try, and if you happen to get her in a weak moment, call me!
I think there is a little bit of pressure due to the fact that you have a bride, not only giving me money, but in SOME cases, throwing away thousands of dollars. Now when i say some, not all dresses have to be trash or garbage after, you do not have to involve water, brides often just put it back on and go to a local farm/field and such.
The degree is all in the brides hands.
I just find that the more willing the bride is the better the pictures. I still think there is tons more pressure at a wedding, with a trash the dress shoot you can take your time and try it again or even go back in some cases.
I think you will get her to come around...
To answer your question, I find it very easy to take a good picture of a bride with her wedding dress on, in a place where she shouldn't be. The hard part is coming up with new angles and ideas that make a GREAT picture, one of a kind, that they will want to have framed and hang in their home like fine art!
I'm getting better at that....
TotalPhoto.ca

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Another Trash The Dress...
CindyandBrian

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Is this really that popular? I can't see myself trashing my dress - I love my dress! Even the thought of getting it dirty scares me.
TotalPhoto.ca

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Popular, No. Gaining popularity, YES! It is not for everyone, and there are severeal degrees of trashing. All which are in the hands of the bride.
Diana

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject:

I love the black and white shot reading the wedding magazine.

Looks like it belongs on a cover. They should a have a magazine called " And now WHAT?" featuring articles about what to expect after the wedding

I'm available for articles considering I'm hitting 21 years - do I have stories lol.

Nice work Total
TotalPhoto.ca

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Thanks D! 21 years old or 21 years married?
Diana

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

21 years married thats why I have the stories..
TotalPhoto.ca

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject:

elize

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Trashing the dress looks likes fun! The photographs are a better memory then the dress in a box
TotalPhoto.ca

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

I could not agree more! That being said, it is not for everyone!
You can make some great works of art to hang in your home.
       The Ring Bearer - Wedding Couples looking for Wedding advice from real brides and grooms Forum Index -> After the Wedding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: