How many is too many in the bridal party?

The Ring Bearer - Wedding Couples looking for Wedding advice from real brides and grooms Forum Index -> Wedding Etiquette
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many people should be in a bridal party?
1-4
 35%  [ 10 ]
5-8
 42%  [ 12 ]
9 or more!!!!!
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

jennluv

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject: How many is too many in the bridal party?

This is more of a curiousity question... A good friend of mine is getting married soon and I'm part of the bridal party. She is planning a fairly elaborate wedding considering her and her groom's family is of Italian descent. I was wondering if there was a specific maximum and minimum number for wedding party members. My friends are going to have 9 bridesmaids and 9 groomsmen and I thought it was too many. Am I crazy to think that? Isn't it usually 3 or so?
Emma

Posted: Sat May 10, 2021 3:45 am    Post subject:

Hi jennluv,
My Fianc� is Italian also,and my background is Jamaican. I wanted to limit the number in our wedding party because we are paying for everything. Even though everyone keeps telling me that this is my day,to plan what I want....but it just seems like every minute someone in my fianc�s family remembers someone else who should be a bridesmaid. -An Uncles�, Aunts�, third cousins� hairdressers� youngest daughter-or something like that! And my own Mother is weighing in on this too! Her Pastor' niece(whom I have only met once) is one of my 8 potential Brides maids.I also have 7 Potential Groomsmen, my Maid of Honour, the Best Man, 2 Flowergirls, 1 Ring Bearer and 2 little guys that my Mother wants to walk down with the wedding party-for no particular reason at all! Don�t get me wrong I love that closeness of his very expansive family, and also the fact that my family wants to be a big part of the wedding too-but I am feeling like I have to put my foot down before it does get out of hand. Which is much easier to write than to do!
TotalPhoto.ca

Posted: Sun May 11, 2021 3:48 am    Post subject:

Who ever you would lend $10,000 to and not care if you got it back....those people should be in you wedding party!

This should help.
LP8330

Posted: Tue May 13, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Ivana Trump just had 25 women in her wedding party! They all purchased their own pastel gowns ... this may be a little bit over the top, but - its all up to you.
From one to one hundred it�s the number you feel happy with and people you care for most.
Ryanna

Posted: Wed May 14, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject:

My Mom's friend had 26 in the wedding party including bride and groom. The pictures look great but I couldn't handle all that attitude..
elize

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

I think if you are having a large wedding it is appropriate to have lots of bridesmaids and groomsmen. It can be alot of fun at the different events leading up to the wedding as well.
       The Ring Bearer - Wedding Couples looking for Wedding advice from real brides and grooms Forum Index -> Wedding Etiquette All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: