tattoos

The Ring Bearer - Wedding Couples looking for Wedding advice from real brides and grooms Forum Index -> Health and Beauty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SadieJ

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject: tattoos

So i have this tattoo on my right shoulder blade, at first my fiance knew about it and was ok with it but he just realized that I'm wearing a strapless and that it's going to show. So it won't look too "ladylike." His family is very conservative.

Any ideas on how to cover it up or should i leave it showing?
TotalPhoto.ca

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Who defines "ladylike"?
His family is conservitive, YOU are not "his family"
Covering things, hiding things, is just the start of a long, stupid, road you do not want to go down.
Maybe after you are married, they will invite you over for X-mas, but only after they tell you what to wear, how to sit, and what kind of food you are going to eat.
Sorry, if I was too harsh. I prefer to be honest, and have no problem telling someone how I feel or where to "but out"
TotalPhoto.ca

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject:

OH, in case you were wondering, I am for not covering it, and perhaps going for another before the big day!!
apohran

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

I think if he wants you to cover it you should consider it. It will not lead to all those things mentioned above. Giving and taking means giving into things that will please your husband (future husband i guess). You can just cover it with spacific cover up used to hide tattoos.
CindyandBrian

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2021 12:12 am    Post subject:

i don't think you should cover-up, only if you want too. But if your new hubby really wants this than pick your battles and apply some foundation.
TotalPhoto.ca

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2021 2:45 am    Post subject:

What if you were asked to shed a few pounds before the big day? It is the EXACT same thing, people asking you to change or cover up....

But, I think you have good advice from both sides.

You want to know something funny though... if I knew you and went to your wedding, and saw your tattoo covered with make-up, ever so faint, I would not be able to stop looking at it. But if you did not cover it, I would not give it a second look.....ya know what I mean?
SadieJ

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject: great input!

been away from office for a couple of days and i just checked this as soon as i got in. amazed by the help and responses!

thanks everyone! it was interesting to see diff. perspective. i think i'll talk to him again and find out if it really is a big deal. because I don want to cover it...it's part of who i am. But of course, i respect his opnions and his needs. ill ask if its a big deal for him.
       The Ring Bearer - Wedding Couples looking for Wedding advice from real brides and grooms Forum Index -> Health and Beauty All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: