20 years experience

The Ring Bearer - Wedding Couples looking for Wedding advice from real brides and grooms Forum Index -> HAVE YOUR SAY!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diana

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject: 20 years experience

I've been married for over 20 years (Yes to the same man) and if I can give a little advise based on my experience this is it.

1. The week before you wedding your going to go nuts. Even if you planned your wedding a year in advance, you will feel like nothing is done. Don't worry you will get it done and don't forget to get your bridemaids to help you. Thats why you asked them.

2. The morning of the wedding your going to feel sick (nerves) I recommend a shot of any liquor (I had tequila) it work like a charm.

3. Marriage is wonderful but like many things in life it takes a lot of work. Over the years you will love him and hate him and love him again and hate him even more but if something is worth keeping then it's worth giving it your all.

P.S. Fast food magnets on your refrigerator is a asset. Get him use to other foods so he doesn't crave MOM's cooking.
Lynn

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Your tip about a shot before you walk down the aisle is great, i am going to recommend that to everyone!!!!
RichandTash

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject:

That's hilarious! The shot before you walk down the aisle...I guess it would really take some of the edge off; I guess the quote "she must be drinking the holly water" really applies here.
Emma

Posted: Sat May 10, 2021 5:05 am    Post subject:

Hi Diana,
My wedding is in June 2010 and I am already going nuts! I will try the shot of tequila idea- I may have one right now!
I just can not believe how many issues that can come up when planning a wedding.
Thank You for the advice, please keep it coming!
Cheers!
Diana

Posted: Wed May 14, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Emma don't worry it will all be ok.

About the shot....only one shot......At the Church I felt very calm (the tequila did that) All my bridesmaid were crying and I looked at them and said smarten up I'm the one that should be crying.......It's the first day of the END of my life...oops I meant Rest of my life...
       The Ring Bearer - Wedding Couples looking for Wedding advice from real brides and grooms Forum Index -> HAVE YOUR SAY! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: