Blog URL: http://www.TheRingBearer.ca/blog/ginasblog
Is A Destination Wedding Right For You?
By Gina Tsirmpas on Saturday October 30, 2021
Post a quick comment or write a description for your blog post...
Destination weddings are on the rise and they will continue to increase as they are a great option for couples to wed. Not only can they exchange vows in a picturesque location, but they will be able to combine their wedding with their honeymoon and spend quality time with their friends and family.
When thinking about a destination wedding, consider the following:
– Where do you see your dream day taking place?
– If you are planning to have your friends and family attend you will need to not only work with your budget but you must work with theirs to a certain extent.
– If possible give guests 8 – 12 month notice by sending them “Save the Date” cards. The majority of your guests will need to book time off of work whichwill require advance notice.
- How long do you want to go away for? If you only have a week your best bet is to look for something that is under a 5 hour flight.
– What are the country’s marriage requirements? Example...waiting periods, document translations, blood tests and requirements for additional documents if divorced or widowed.
– What time of year do you want to get married? This will also allow you to narrow down your options based on weather conditions and cost.Keep in mind travelling over any holiday will raise the travel cost.
– Does the hotel / resort offer destination wedding packages? If you are considering an all inclusive resort is there an extra charge for a private reception? Do your research as the last thing you want is to be dealing with last minute surprises.
- When selecting a resort, keep your guests list in mind.Accessibility for guests with mobility issues, child friendly resorts and dietary restrictions etc.
- When selecting a destination consider local attractions and tours for your guests to experience while they are on vacation. Remember as much as this is your wedding for some of your guests this will be their annual vacation.
In closing, destination weddings are a beautiful start to a lifetime of joy with your future spouse but they must be planned properly. Seek the advice of a professional travel agent that specializes in destination weddings as they can help you every step of the way.
(c) Copyright 2009, The Ring Bearer Ltd., All Rights Reserved. No material within the web pages of theringbearer.ca may be duplicated in any way without express written consent by authorized management of The Ring Bearer Ltd.