Different types of wines and five edible products from Aren't We Naughty that will spice things up in the bedroom.
So you’ve heard drinking wine is good for you, but did you know drinking wine can also raise your romantic experience. Wine’s aphrodisiac properties can relax your thoughts, reduce anxiety and release you of your inhibitions. It can also calm the mood by helping nervous lovers get rid of a stuttering jaw and express sexual feelings they may normally be to embarrassed or shy to do regularly.
This incredible combination makes it easy to see why licking a strawberry flavoured lubricant off your partner, or painting a masterpiece along the sensual curves of your partner’s body with chocolate body paint so easy.
In RingBearer style, we decided to help any members that needed an extra bit of romance for their special night. So we asked the help of our friends at Aren’t We Naughty, to provide some of their favourite edible sex products that you can pair with different types of wines. The result is one steamy recipe for romance.
Fruit Wines: Most edible delights on the market are fruit flavoured, which means you would normally pair these flavours with something that has a fruit flavoured or sweet taste. Fruit wines fit the mould perfectly. Not to mention, the light sweetness of these wines make it easy for anyone to drink and enjoy. Serve these wines extremely cold, in fact the colder the better. Expect fireworks as the light alcohol content, but high sugars will keep you energetic and less drowsy all night long.
Rose Wine/Rose Sparkling Wine These are the sexiest wines hitting the market. The colour screams sensual and sexy while the taste is light and easy for anyone to drink (not too abrasive and not too sweet). Reasonably priced, expect between $10 - $35 a bottle, this flirty wine is perfect for any berry flavoured treat - a can’t go wrong decision.
Suggestions: El Coto de Rioja Rosado 2005 (Spain) Jaboulet Côtes du Rhône Parallèle 45 Rosé 2005 (France)
Late Harvest/Port Wine Yes these are two completely different wines, but the idea here is the same as both wine types are sweeter than most wines. Late harvest wines tend to be very crisp and slightly fruity, which pairs well with any chocolate/vanilla flavoured action.
Port is known for being an aphrodisiac. It is a very sweet wine that should only be consumed in small portions. This wine needs to be paired with a dark chocolate taste or any other bitter sweetness. Paring this with any sweet tasting product will be a sugar overdoes.
Suggestions: Hillebrand Estates 2006 Late Harvest Vidal Inniskillin 2006 Select Late Harvest Vidal Henry of Pelham Family Estate 2006 Select Late Harvest Vidal
Red Wine: If you are a red wine fan, usually the complex tannins in the wine are perfect for fatty dishes like cheese or roast beef, but we didn’t think anyone wanted to eat roast beef off their partner…For those die-hard red wine fans, look for grape varieties that need little-to-no aging so that the tannins are softer. Also, look for wines that have hints of vanilla, chocolate and cherry/plum on the nose and pallet.
THE EDIBLE SEX PRODUCTS
1. Edible Massage & Body Oil Made from Hemp Seed and other natural oils, this is enriched with Vitamin E and the fragrance/taste is from natural sources. Light up some candles and massage your bride/groom with not only your hands but with your kisses too.
Flavours available: Cherry, Strawberry, Vanilla and Watermelon. $15.95 each
2. Kama Sutra Chocolate Body Paint This kit comes with a jar of rich milk chocolate and a supple body brush to tease and delight each other as you paint on designs and lick them off.
3. Kama Sutra Honey Dust This edible powder is available in four delicious flavours that smell fantastic as well. Not only edible, the Kama Sutra Honey Dust can be worn as a regular body powder: you do not sweat through this. A handmade feather applicator is included and the powder is stored in a satin pouch.
Flavours available: Strawberries & Champagne, Raspberry Kiss, Tangerines & Cream and Honey Suckle. $32.95 each
4. O’My Flavoured lubricants With eight yummy flavours to choose from, O’My is best known for being made with natural flavours and ingredients, such as hemp seed oil and grapefruit extract. It’s great for sensitive skin, and is a water-based lubricant, sugar free and easily dispensed with a pump.
Flavours available: Strawberry Cheesecake, Blueberry Cheesecake, Passion Fruit, Kiwi-Strawberry, Melon, Cappuccino, Pina Colada and Cherry. $16.95 each
5. Oralicious/Dickalicious These are a favourite for both sexes as the products motto is “Playtime Never Tasted So Good” and the instructions are simple with “Spread it on…Lick it off!” These taste amazing and can be put almost everywhere on the body.
Oralicious flavours available: Strawberry Swirl, Cherries Jubilee and Peaches & Cream and are $9.95 each.
Dickalicious flavours available: Strawberry and Raspberry and are $7.95 each.
(c) Copyright 2009, The Ring Bearer Ltd., All Rights Reserved. No material within the web pages of theringbearer.ca may be duplicated in any way without express written consent by authorized management of The Ring Bearer Ltd.