My Tools
Open bar....???

The Ring Bearer - Wedding Couples looking for Wedding advice from real brides and grooms Forum Index -> Bridal Party
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swan_jun_g3

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject: Open bar....???

Hi everyone. I am getting married in the GTA. Trying to decide between Hart House, McMichael Art Gallery and Kortright Centre. Anyways, we are really concerned about people leaving the wedding, with an alcohol level and driving home. What I was thinking is having an open bar, during the cocktail hour after the ceremony. During dinner, we are planning on serving mead (2 bottles per table), and non alcholic drinks. Is this considered "acceptable" ? or is it tacky ? We really arent big drinkers. Dont want people getting drunk at our wedding or bearing the guilt / responsibility should something unfortunate happen.

thanks

Anne Marie
mmv

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

Essentially, the question that needs to be asked is whether you are more worried about people getting offended or about people offending you. Speaking on behalf of normal people, so long as you inform them that the refreshments will be served for a certain time, most people won't mind either way. Mead is a cute idea at dinner but I would also include the option of red or white wine as most people are not familiar with the drink and may not like it. As far as guests getting drunk most people are well aware of the laws and make provisions by taking a taxi or having one of the guests in their group as the designated driver. Number for taxi should be clearly posted for guests.
marlo

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I thinks it's up to you after all it's your wedding, but i believe that you would not be responsible should anyone leave your wedding, drinking and driving it would be the responsibility of the bartenders and venue. Either way it's something to look into. Good luck!!
       The Ring Bearer - Wedding Couples looking for Wedding advice from real brides and grooms Forum Index -> Bridal Party All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: